Important Information regarding State of Massachusetts / COVID-19 Regulations, in conjunction with The Dancer's Sole's Policies
Updated March 14th, 2022
Hello TDS Families, Dancers & Staff,
In an ongoing effort to maintain the health and safety of all of our TDS families, all information below is based on Covid-19 guidelines currently put forth The Dancer's Sole in conjunction with protocols, advice and recommendations by the State of MA for small businesses, youth sports, recreational activities and recommendations from local Boards of Health and the MA Dept. of Public Health.
UPDATED EXPOSURE / POSITIVE RESULT GUIDELINES
for in-person dance class:
IF YOU ARE EXPOSED: The following individuals do NOT need to quarantine -
IF YOU ARE EXPOSED: The following individuals DO need to quarantine -
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE:
IF YOU ARE FEELING ILL:
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19: Fever (100 degrees Farenheit or higher); chills; shaking chills; cough (such as chronic cough not related to other known cause); difficulty breathing or swallowing; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; headache when in combination with other symptom(s); muscle aches; fatigue when in combination with other symptom(s); nausea; vomiting; diarrhea; nasal congestion or runny nose (non-allergy related) when in combination with other symptom(s).
1. MASKS: POLICIES UPDATED 3/14/22: Masks are now optional for all students, staff, visitors and guests at TDS. Our #1 priority is the safety and health of our dancers, families and staff. If your child is experiencing COVID or flu-like symptoms, please keep them home from class. If your child has cold symptoms and has tested negative for COVID, we recommend having them wear a mask to class for the comfort of other participants.
2. The studio will continue to be cleaned daily before and after every class, as well as a weekly intensive deep-clean every weekend. Barres, mats & other handheld equipment will continue to be cleaned after every use. High-touch areas will continue to be cleaned between every class.
3. Dancers should not enter the studio more than 5 minutes prior to their class start time. If you arrive to class earlier than 5 minutes before, please wait in your vehicle - not in the studio waiting room. The 10-minute allotted time slots between all classes are designated for our staff to fully clean and sanitize the studio spaces.
4. If dancers have back-to-back classes and need to wait while our staff cleans, these dancers should stay in the studio space (not the waiting area). If dancers are waiting in-between classes (i.e., they have one class, have a 1-hour break, then have another class, they are welcome to wait in the waiting area (quietly and masked).
5. Students/teachers must sanitize hands in the studio at the start of class and at the end of class. Classes that use any props, equipment or mats will be asked to sanitize their hands more frequently.
6. Students should only bring in a small bag to carry their water and dance shoes. Street shoes must be left in the Studio I waiting area or at the bottom of the stairs in Studio II. Individual buckets will continue to be sanitized after each class.
7. We strongly encourage dancers to use the restroom at home prior to coming to class - especially for our youngest dancers! We’ve had a few instances of the “potty train” (one little one needs to use the restroom, then suddenly everyone in the class needs to follow). It is difficult for our teachers to maintain safety in class and cleaning protocols, while also taking little ones to the restroom consistently. Parents, please encourage your little ones to use the restroom at home prior to coming to the studio. Thank you for your help.
8. Please remain at home if your child or anyone in the household is feeling ill for ANY reason at all. Children demonstrating symptoms of illness during class will be asked to wait in the Studio I waiting area and picked up as soon as possible.
9. Virtual class can be set up for your child if they will not be attending in person as long as we have adequate notice - adequate notice is considered at least 2 hours prior to the start of all classes for the day, which is 2:30p during the week and 9:30am on Saturdays.
10. Payments can be dropped in our locked payment box outside of the studio office / in the Studio I hallway. Office hours are available on Saturdays from 9:30-12:30pm and by private appointment.
Protocols are subject to change according to federal, state, or local guidelines. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions.
Kristen L. St. Laurent
Owner/Director, The Dancer's Sole