Important Information regarding State of Massachusetts / COVID-19 Regulations, in conjunction with The Dancer's Sole's Policies
Updated January 4th, 2021
Hello TDS Families, Dancers & Staff,
In an ongoing effort to maintain the health and safety of all of our TDS families - as well as hopefully answer some questions I have been receiving as of late - I have outlined protocols if in the event a student, teacher, or other individual should test positive for Covid-19 after having been in the dance studio. All information below is based on Covid-19 guidelines put forth by the State of MA for small businesses, youth sports, recreational activities and recommendations from local Boards of Health.
Situation A: A TDS member (student/teacher/other) has received a positive Covid-19 test result after having been at the studio. Here’s what happens:
Parent/individual must notify the studio immediately at 508-949-1508 or by email: email@example.com.
The studio contacts the Webster and/or Dudley Board of Health (BOH) for further guidance immediately.
Student cannot return to the studio until they are cleared to do so after their quarantine ends, typically 10 days after symptom onset, fever-free for 24 hours, and no additional symptoms as described by CDC.
Students/teachers/others who were in class with the positive individual will be notified by the studio. Privacy of the individual will be respected.
Individuals deemed a close contact as described by the CDC below, along with Webster and/or Dudley BOH’s guidance, are then required to quarantine at home for 10 days from last contact with the positive individual and it is recommended that they get tested for COVID-19. Even if result is negative, they must continue their quarantine of 10 days and monitor for symptoms for 14 days per CDC guidelines.
What is the CDC definition of close contact for the coronavirus disease? Close contact is defined by CDC as someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from 48 hours before illness onset (“symptomatic”) (or, for asymptomatic clients, 48 hours prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated. *Note: Although we at TDS do our absolute best to maintain social distancing amongst the students and we always all wear masks, the duration of class is longer than 15 minutes and students may at times move around the room within 6 feet of one another very briefly. Each class situation would be evaluated to determine if the criteria for a close contact was met.
The studio closes to be deep-cleaned and fully sanitized, while an inspection by the Webster BOH is scheduled.
TDS will make general announcement to all our families informing them of closure due to Covid-19 case(s).
All classes will be transition to virtual while we await clearance from the Webster BOH to reopen in-person. If virtual classes are not possible due to teacher illness combined with inability to provide a substitute teacher, makeup class options will be provided as soon as possible upon in-person return to the studio. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Situation B: A TDS member (student/teacher/other) is considered a close contact of an outside Covid-19 positive case after having been at the studio. Here’s what happens:
Individual would quarantine for 10-14 days per CDC guidelines and their doctor’s recommendations. A COVID test is strongly recommended.
Students and others present with the individual who had close contact with a positive case (“contacts of contacts”) do not require notification by the studio. The TDS staff member(s) who have this student in their class(es) will be notified.
If the student/teacher/other later tests positive, then the above protocol described in Situation Awould be implemented if necessary (according to the definition of a close contact as described by CDC).
The Dancer’s Sole’s Updated Covid-19 Policies
1. The studio will be continued to be cleaned daily before and after every class, as well as a weekly intensive deep-clean every weekend. Barres, mats & other handheld equipment will continue to be cleaned after every use. Chairs, countertops, high touch areas, studio floors, and bathrooms will continue to be cleaned between every class. The floors in both studio spaces will continue to be wet-washed with a medical-grade disinfectant every night after we close.
2. Dancers should not enter the studio more than 5 minutes prior to their class start time. If you arrive to class earlier than 5 minutes before, please wait in your vehicle - not in the studio waiting room. The 10-minute allotted time slots between all classes are designated for our staff to fully clean and sanitize the studio spaces.
3. If dancers have back-to-back classes and need to wait while our staff cleans, these dancers should stay in the studio space (not the waiting area) and remain socially distant and masked.
4. Masks must be worn into the studio waiting area and in the classroom by all students/teachers/others. Masks must fit properly and cover the mouth and nose at all times. Please do not enter the studio and then put your mask on. Disposable masks are available for $2 each if needed.
5. Students/teachers must sanitize hands in the studio at the start of class and at the end of class. Classes that use any props, equipment or mats will be asked to sanitize their hands more frequently.
6. Water breaks will continue to be allowed while social distancing is maintained. Students are not allowed to take off their masks in waiting area or on breaks between classes.
7. Students must maintain 6 feet between others at all times. Spotting for Acro-Dance classes will be minimal as necessary for safety.
8. Students should only bring in a small bag to carry their water and dance shoes. Street shoes must be left in the Studio I waiting area or at the bottom of the stairs in Studio II. Individual buckets will continue to be sanitized after each class.
9. We strongly encourage dancers to use the restroom at home prior to coming to class - especially for our youngest dancers! We’ve had a few instances of the “potty train” (one little one needs to use the restroom, then suddenly everyone in the class needs to follow). It is difficult for our teachers to maintain safety in class with social distancing and cleaning protocols, while also taking little ones to the restroom consistently. Parents, please encourage your little ones to use the restroom at home prior to coming to the studio. Thank you for your help.
10. Please remain at home if your child or anyone in the household is feeling ill for ANY reason at all. Children demonstrating symptoms of illness during class will be asked to wait in the Studio I waiting area and picked up as soon as possible.
Virtual class can be set up for your child if they will not be attending in person as long as we have adequate notice - adequate notice is considered at least 2 hours prior to the start of all classes for the day, which is 2:30p during the week and 9:30am on Saturdays.
11. Carpooling with classmates/other studio families is not recommended. Please plan accordingly.
12. Our office hours will continue to be limited to:
every Saturday from 9:30am-11:30am
the 15th of each month from 5-7pm (or the 16th, if the 15th falls on a Friday or Sunday)
by private appointment; email us to schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Parent/Guest observation is still closed until further notice. Payments can be dropped in our locked payment box outside of the studio office / in the Studio I hallway.
Travel Policy: We ask that all families who are planning to travel outside of MA must let the studio know. Your child/ren cannot return to the studio for 14 days during your quarantine upon return, unless a negative Covid-19 test can be shown per State of MA and CDC guidelines.
Please see attachment for further information. https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
Protocols are subject to change according to federal, state, or local guidelines. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions.
Kristen L. St. Laurent
Owner/Director, The Dancer's Sole